> 13th edition of contest Relève en BluesPresented by CDEC Ahuntsic-Cartierville in partnership with les Hebdos Transcontinental and montrealexpress.ca Semi-final The semi-final of the Contest la Relève en Blues took place on June 4th during the sidewalk sale on the Promenade Fleury. Hundreds of people had the chance to enjoy the lively performances of the six semi finalists. Three groups reached the final and will perform during the Festiblues. They are: Blue Boots, Greenwood and The 24th Street Wailers. Come and support them on August 11, 12 and 13!
> The Relève en Blues contest is launched!
> 12th edition of the Relève en Blues contestBlues sur Seine The CAB duo, winner of the OFQJ/Blues sur Seine prize at the last edition of the FestiBlues International de Montréal, performed at the Festival Blues sur Seine on November 11 and 12 last in the Paris area. Thanks to its folk blues, CAB had no problem charming and captivating its French audience.
> A few interesting facts since the last 13 years:
- Since winning the 2009 Contest, Bernard Adamus has snapped up may prizes and the group can now make a living from their music.
- Clio & The Blues Highway released in 2009 their first album : My First Blues.
- 30 groups participated at the grand final of the Relève en Blues Contest since it's creation, 12 years ago.
- The Blues Berry Jam, formation issued from the first Relève en Blues Contest still run and still get new stage experience. They have two albums and one DVD active right now.
- Denis Viel recorded an album in the USA.
- Two musicians of the Bottleneck trio play actively with the Blues musician Pat the White.
- The Roonies are now at their second album.
- Mélissa Dialo, also an old participant to the contest, has been a chorist for Garou.
- François Therrien is now keyboardist for Papagroove.
- Maxime Audet Halde is now guitarist for Papagroove.
- Thomas Chaput is a professionnal bassist. He now lives from his music.
Latest update : 10/13/2011